Monday, July 19, 2010

Chinese Take-Out Box




This cake is in Confetti Cakes cookbook. I could hardly wait for an excuse to try it out. We planned a big Chinese dinner for my aunt and uncle and seemed to me a perfect excuse to make the cake.

Thankfully I tested it out on family first. This cake took a lot of careful measuring and cutting. This can be hard to concentrate on with a 3 year old and a 7 month old running my life. So there are a couple little mistakes and the fondant bubbled out a little in the heat. Overall, it was a success.
The inside is chocolate pound cake and ganache filling. Very tasty. I did have to do two pound cakes. Lesson one: do not try baking late at night after a very tiring day. I forgot about the cake, did not hear the timer, and it turned into a chocolate pound cracker. The second one was delicious.

No comments: